Okay, here’s the scenario. You are either faced with the prospect of installing a new HVAC unit in your home, replacing an old and inefficient unit, or you have just moved into a new home, in a new area, and you want to find a reputable HVAC engineer to carry out annual maintenance of your HVAC unit.
So, how do you know who to choose? How can you tell if you are going to get a good deal for a great service, or pay a great deal for a sub-standard service? Here at A&E Air Conditioning and Heating we actively encourage our clients and customers to ask us questions, while we are also very transparent with what our services include and what our regular, and reasonable, charges will be.
If you fall into any of the above categories, then the following is a list of questions you should be asking and HVAC engineer to ensure you end up working with “one of the good guys”.
Our Top Six Questions to ask an HVAC engineer
- How long have you been in business? The longer a firm has been in business, the greater the assurance you have that they are a genuine and popular company.
- Are all your employees insured? This is a no-brainer for two reasons. You don’t want any HVAX engineer working on your home if they have no insurance as, unfortunately, accidents do happen, and “sorry about that” doesn’t pay for any necessary repairs. In addition, a professional and reputable firm of HVAC engineers will have excellent insurance coverage.
- How much do you charge? Now this is a broad-reaching question, but it is essential for comparison purposes. Most engineers will have an hourly rate, a standard rate for a maintenance contract, and will be able to provide you with a free quote for the full installation of any chosen new HVAC unit.
- Do you have a payment plan option? Sometimes you can end up with a huge bill for an HVAC unit repair or replacement. It is best to find out early on what will be expected of you from a financial aspect.
- Is your work guaranteed? This is often a question that is forgotten. Yes, a new HVAC unit will come with a guarantee, but what if you have an old one repaired? How long a guarantee will be provided for the repair? Of course, it is only the repair that will be guaranteed, not the whole unit!
- Do you do emergency call outs? If the answer is no, just walk away…
If you are looking for a fairly priced and highly experienced firm of HVAC engineers, then give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to chat.