A forced air heating system is either a natural gas or propane-fired heating system that involves drawing air from within your home, heating it, and then distributing the warm air through a series of vents. It is an extremely popular form of home heating, and here are five of the best reasons why:
- Efficiency – no heating fuel is cheap these days, so the best way to reduce your heating bills is to look for a highly efficient heating system. Unlike heating systems which rely on heating water that is sent to radiators, or underfloor electric heating, forced air heating is instantaneous – air gets heated and circulated, so you can enjoy the benefits in seconds, rather than having to wait several minutes.
- Adaptability – a forced air system is the only one which can be used in conjunction with air conditioning, as it will use the same ducting. This also helps reduce installation costs.
- Cost effective – gas is cheaper than electricity, while a forced-air furnace uses less energy compared to other furnaces, so it is a double win-win system.
- Excellent safety features – force air furnaces come with a whole raft of safety features, including ones which will cut out carbon monoxide from entering your home. In addition, various filters can be attached which will help to purify the air in your house, reducing dust and pollen, thus helping those of you who may suffer with allergies.
- Reliability – forced air furnaces are simple and uncomplicated. Unlike other systems which rely on pumps and pipes, a forced air furnace simply heats air and distributes it into your ducting. The less complicated a system, the less there is to go wrong, and the less that requires costly maintenance.
Here at A&E in San Antonio, we have been installing forced air furnaces for many years, and there is nothing we don’t know about them, so if you would like to learn more, or have any questions you would like to ask, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.